This page has moved to a new address.

WANTED: Genius!

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: WANTED: Genius!

Thursday

WANTED: Genius!


There are moments, you know the ones, when you sit thinking, your imagination is engaging, and then that wall, that blankness, that inescapable bottomless pit of nothingness. You feel like you will never be able to be creative again.

You will never be able to sew another kid’s play costume, never be able to paint again, or draw another fashion masterpiece. Whatever you do, that brilliance that is your inspiration and talent seems in that moment completely dead and the well is dry.

I am so there.

Earlier today, after talking to a friend, I thought, yes! Eureka! I have it, I feel energized and know that I can write, but alas, nothing. Not even a dribble out of the faucet. So I am doing what all the experts say to do: I am writing anyways.

Fascinating stuff, I know. You must be on the edge of your seat with anticipation at the brilliance that is about to pour out of my fingers onto your screen.

…….Okay so that is not going to happen today: sorry.

This may seem weird, and it may be completely lame, but if all I do is write and never talk to you guys and gals, then what is this all for? I am obeying God in the actual writing, but I want to know where you are, what is going on in you?

It gets a little lonely in the blogospere and I want to give your voice a chance to be heard. Now is the time. Put away your fear and trepidation. This is a safe place and I want to know more about you.

So, I really want to know, do you have something you want to say? Is there a poem, a song, a post, or comment you have been dying to say, but haven’t? 


Do you have questions about any one topic you have seen here? Is there something you want to study together that I have not touched on here before? Do you have a Christian based blog you want to share here? Leave your comments, questions, and genius moments below. I cannot wait to see what you have to say! 

Labels: , , , , , ,