This page has moved to a new address.

Ministry Highlight - BIG LOVE!

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: Ministry Highlight - BIG LOVE!

Saturday

Ministry Highlight - BIG LOVE!


We have all at one time or another asked the fateful question Why me? Well, why not you? The word says it rains on the just and the unjust.  None know this better than the families fighting cancer, especially when the battle is for the life of a little one.  Jesus said that children have a special place in the kingdom and he took special care to pay attention to them. He also said we are to minister to those who are in need, hurting, and that is exactly what Big Love Cancer Care does!

The whole family is affected when there is a diagnosis of cancer for a child. Everything from family dynamics to finances changes. Big Love provides services like phone cards, parking cards, toiletries, groceries, prayers, and foremost love and understanding for parents who are stuck in the hospital with their children while the kids undergo treatment.

I began this blog in part to highlight ministries that I believe in. I give to this ministry myself through my offerings at my home church, but I want to encourage you, please give. As little as $11 can pay for parking for a day: $20 can provide meals for a family. God gives seed to the sower. I believe that there is a reason you are reading this.

2 Corinthians 9:8-11 The Message (MSG) says: 8-11 God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done. As one psalmist puts it, He throws caution to the winds, giving to the needy in reckless abandon. His right-living, right-giving ways never run out, never wear out. This most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you. He gives you something you can then give away, which grows into full-formed lives, robust in God, wealthy in every way, so that you can be generous in every way, producing with us great praise to God.

I stand on this scripture. I know that this blog is seed, and as I sow into you, won’t you in turn sow into Big Love? Now abides faith, hope, and LOVE, but the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Corinthians 13:13)

Be blessed and BE A BLESSING! Love is a verb!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,