This page has moved to a new address.

Exercising My Faith

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: Exercising My Faith

Friday

Exercising My Faith

When I am doubting, as I am right now in the very moment I begin to write this, I have to begin to exercise my faith. This is in real time, so you get to see and read the spiritual workout.

To give you a brief history of this particular freak out session, my daughter needs surgery and we must come up with a very large amount of money to pay for it in less than four days. Panic began to set in. So I must begin that Automatic Truth Response system we have talked about before and build my faith.

The first thing I did was remember that I do not see the whole picture, but my Father does. He is my provider, and he clothes the birds of the air and the flowers of the field need nothing that He does not provide. 

I am joint heirs with Jesus, and our Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He has never let me starve, and He is attentive to hear me when ever I pray.

Sometimes I miss the point. This is not about me. It is not even about my daughter. This is about God getting the glory through it all. 

I will sing and dance I will praise His name for ever. Great are you o Lord, for your mercies are new every morning and your faithfulness remains forever and ever. 

If you are hearing "Great is Thy Faithfulness" then you are hearing what I am hearing right now in my head. 


Job 4:1-6 says this: 
Then Eliphaz (Job's friend) said this (to Job):
"Would you mind if I said something to you? Under the circumstances it's hard to keep quiet.
You yourself have done this plenty of times, spoken words
that clarify, encouraged those who were about to quit.
Your words have put stumbling people on their feet,
put fresh hope in people about to collapse.
But now you're the one in trouble—you're hurting!
You've been hit hard and you're reeling from the blow.
But shouldn't your devout life give you confidence now?
Shouldn't your exemplary life give you hope?

Sometimes circumstances rock us to the core. We talked about being prepared for the storms of life  in yesterday's post, but I know that since my foundation is sure and my hope is in Him, God, my Father, then I have nothing to fear. 

God took me to Job for a reason. It is a quiet reminder to grow up a little, quit whining and wait for God to be glorified through the circumstance. 

Thank You Father for speaking "Peace be Still" in the middle of this storm. To you be the glory and power and all the honor. I love you. You are my peace. Amen. 

Question of the day: How do you handle bad news? 

Labels: , , , , ,