This page has moved to a new address.

Something Weird Happened

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: Something Weird Happened

Monday

Something Weird Happened


I recently lead Praise and Worship at a friend’s church. It was a strange experience for me. Not because I had to sing with CDs, but because I have not lead in years. 


One of my childhood dreams was to be the next Amy Grant. I wanted to sing Christian music to massive amounts of people. I have been a praise and worship leader before, I have sung on a Hosanna Integrity album (Holy Fire) as a choir member, and I sung lots of Karaoke when I was not serving God, yet there has been a gap of so many years of not singing that I had not only let the dream go, I had forgotten I ever had it. 

To be honest, I never thought I would ever lead praise and worship again. 

I was talking with a friend I have not seen in nearly a year and she said something that I found extremely profound. 


“I have learned to trust God and to completely surrender, because when I say things like, “I never” or “that can’t happen” then God has a way of throwing me into a situation that challenges those statements. Weird stuff happens.”



Recently I wrote a small note to God about surrender. I write these little notes to hold myself accountable. I know God heard me when I said it, but I say so many things I wanted to make sure I heard it where it counts: in my heart. This is what it said: 


Lord,

I surrender

My fears

The lies I believed

The lies I have told

My emotions

My hang-ups

My broken parts

I surrender

My expectations

My pride

My hopes

I surrender

What I do “understand”

And what I don’t

I surrender

My arguments

My rationalizations

I surrender ME!





I have to surrender to God, to trust Him fully. I need to walk out my faith and act like I believe what I say I believe. 

I know God restores things to us. Maybe even my singing. It is a talent I buried years ago. I never thought I would ever use it for God again. Then something weird happened.


Question: Can you share a time something similar happened to you? 

Labels: , , , ,