This page has moved to a new address.

My Prayer

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: My Prayer

Sunday

My Prayer

This is my prayer for this blog, and I want to share it with you. I typed as I prayed this, to record what was on my heart and to create a benchmark to return to and see what God has done since. I want you to know that this is my heart. My prayer is that I will always honor God and what He wants. This is the complete prayer, unedited. You may ask why I would share it, but the Bible is clear: 

Matthew 18:19
King James Version (KJV)
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 



Know that I do not take this lightly, and my purpose is just to share my heart, and have you pray with me and for me as I continue to obey our Father. 

"Lord, I come to you and praise you. Bless the name of the lord, who lives forever. I worship you because you have done such wonderful and mighty things. You are my maker, my strength, my deliverer, my delight. I come to you with thanksgiving, with adoration for all that you are. Thank you for what you have done what you are doing and what you will do. You are faithful, to all the generations, and to me, you are faithful.

You have put this idea in my head, and I feel like I am following what you have for me, but I don’t want to go by my feelings. I want to know by your still small voice I am on the right path. I sound so selfish. Like that guy with the fleece…trying to test you. You are God, you don’t jump through hoops. But you ask us to prove you so I do want to continue to do that; to test your goodness and faithfulness by relying on you, by trusting you, by following you, by living for you. I know I do not abide in you like I should. I have not dwelt in your presence, or sought it out.


I have been like a naughty rebellious child, holed up in a room trying to separate myself from you. But nothing can separate me from you. You are God. You are the lifter of my head. You are the creator of worlds, you have my life in your hands, and you have your protecting wings around me. You are my buckler and my strength. You are amazing. You are so faithful. You have never let us go hungry; even when our lack is our own fault. You have made our hearts soft and our bellies full, you are faithful Lord.

Lord, I long to hear you, to see you, to feel your presence lord. You are sweet like honey, but searing like fire.

Lord, grant me wisdom, so that I can know you, grant me wisdom so that I can find you, grant me wisdom so that I can tell others about you. Lord, grant me wisdom that I can rightly divide you word, that I can break it down, digest it like a mother bird, and feed it to people. Help me have the wisdom to plant in season. To know where to sow and when to sow, and lord, give me seed. 

You are faithful. You are righteous, you are holy. Let the only the words you want said written out for the people. Let these be my labor, my love, my ministry. Let this be what you have meant it to be Lord. I do not do it for my glory. Pull me back from my vain imaginations and false ideas of future glory and let this be about you and communicating your love to people. For this reason you sent Jesus to testify to the Truth…let me do the same. Let this be my testimony.

You who made the heavens and the earth, you who hold up the stars and the moon, you have your eyes on me, you see my heart. Lord it is unworthy of your eyes. I am unclean. I am not deserving of your love and mercy. I am not. But you clothe me in righteousness for your own sake. You have given me your son and his sacrifice has made me clean. Cleanse my heart now o lord. Cleanse me of all unrighteousness, make me whole and make me wholly yours.

Reconcile my life to the accounts you hold. Check me and balance me against you and where I lack lord, teach me mold me fill me and grow me into what you desire. You are mine and I am yours and your banner over me is love. I love you lord, as you have loved me, I strive in my smallness to love you greatly. I love you Lord. Abba, Daddy, Father, my lord. Bless your holy name. Amen"

Labels: , ,