This page has moved to a new address.

The Anniversary Gift

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: The Anniversary Gift

Wednesday

The Anniversary Gift

Happy New Year All! 

I hope your holidays were amazing and you find yourself well rested and spiritually refreshed as you head back to your work week.

I have feverishly worked to raise funds for my mission's trip to Guatemala. It is less than a month away now! I have five-hundred (maybe a little more) to raise ASAP so that I can buy my round-trip ticket to Miami. The airport there is where we will be flying out of. If you want to give to support that then just click on that Go Fund Me widget to the right or here.

I also enjoyed a great Christmas and New Years with family and friends.

I don't know about you, but for me the best part was the cozy sleep-in days and the movie marathons enjoyed by me and the kids. I would not trade a minute of the giggles, the hugs or the wrestling matches.

Happy Anniversary A Year in the Spiritual Life! 

It dawned on me just how crazy this last year has been. In just a few days this blog will turn 1 year old!

When it started I was hard, cynical, and a little mean. I was a Christian, but basically in name only. God has changed so much. Today, I am so much softer, more open to the Spirit and so much more kind.

This year I have written posts about my marriage, about praise and worship, about service, books, other bloggers, purpose, and more. I have struggled and I have triumphed and you have been there reading along, sharing with me your time and your heart. I have to say "thank you" for that.

I would like to show my appreciation to one lucky reader in a very tangible way. I am going to do a drawing.

This cross is made of reclaimed wood and is a little over 11 inched tall. To enter the drawing all you have to do is  comment to this blog and answer this question: What is your favorite post of 2012 from this blog?

What impacted you the most? Did something making you laugh, or cry? Tell me about it.

It does not have to be long. It just has to be left in the next three days. The drawing will be random and it will be open to anyone who comments and answers the question.

On January 5, 2013 (This blogs 1 year anniversary!)  I will pick a name out of a hat (from those who replied and entered) and this lovely cross, which features the natural contours and flaws found in the wood. I fell in love with it when I saw it and knew that it would be for this exact thing: a gift to one of my blessed readers.

So, dig into those archives, and find your favorite post. Need help looking? Then use the "search This Blog" feature over on the right side of this page. Or stroll through the archives. Can't find it? That's okay. Just tell me about it.

If you share it on Facebook and tag me in it (Dayna Renee Hackett Bickham) then you can get entered a second time. Tweet it with the hashtag #TheAnniversaryGift and get another entry. That means you could have your name entered up to three times!

In Colossians 3:16 it says "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."

I hope I have done that a bit for you this year and I hope as we move into 2013 I can be a difference maker and a world changer one heart at the time.

Be blessed, be a blessing and know that you are loved.

~Dayna


Join the Conversation


What was your favorite post from this blog in 2012? What did you like about it?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,