This page has moved to a new address.

Relationship is key!

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: Relationship is key!

Thursday

Relationship is key!


Abundance 

There is no lack when it comes to God’s love for you and I. 

When we feel like we have sinned so much that there is no way we could be forgiven, He forgives. When we have walked away from Him so many times, His arms are open for us to return to. When we are afraid to ask our Father for something He wants us to ask, to seek, to knock the door down, asking…

Psalms 51:1 says “have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving-kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.”

Limitless 

There are no limits on God’s love because He is limitless. So when David cried out ‘according to thy loving-kindness’ he knew that God’s love and mercy would overshadow the sin he was asking forgiveness for. David understood relationship with God is not about what we can DO as much as the motives and the intent of our hearts.


That is why in the same chapter, verses 10 through 12 says

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit."  


We have all made mistakes in this life, and no one is perfect. “…there is none that doeth good, no, not one.” (Ps 14:3, Ps 53:3, Romans 3:12)

Romans 3:23 says “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God”.

That is why we all need a Savior. 

Relationship is the key. 

Do you have a relationship with God? Deuteronomy 4:29 says “But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.” John 3:16 says “For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.” And Acts 2:21 says “And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Cry out to God and He will save you. You will never be the same and you will never be alone.

You may or may not know what to say. Here is a prayer you can pray:

Lord, I know I am not perfect. I have sinned. Forgive me. Cleanse me. Jesus, come into my life. I want to serve you forever. Be my Lord and Savior. Amen. 

If you prayed this, welcome to the Kingdom of God! You now have many brothers and sisters in Christ, and a relationship with a Father who loves you no matter what! Now, tell me if you prayed this prayer. There is a link over to the side that you can click, or leave a comment below. I want to encourage you and pray for you as you begin this new life.

Be blessed and be a blessing and remember that repent is a verb, relationship is a noun.

Join the Conversation


Did you just pray this prayer. Leave your answer in the comment below and I will send you a free PDF version of my new book, "The Purpose of Chosen". 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,