This page has moved to a new address.

Confidence Building

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: Confidence Building

Tuesday

Confidence Building

OK, I said I would be honest here, and if ever there was a time for that, it is now. I am struggling. I know that there are thousands, if not millions of other blogs out there that have Bible studies. I know there many people better qualified than me to teach, and my resolve and confidence has been shaken. 

As I prayed last night about what to write today, I warred with myself. We do have 2 adversaries in this Spiritual walk with the Lord: the devil, and ourselves. I believe that I was listening way too much to both last night. This is a crisis of faith and to be frank, a lack of trust on my part. So today, I knew when I awoke and began reading that I would have to build my confidence in the Lord, and place my trust in HIM.

The first scripture I searched for was Revelations 12; 10-11a (NLT)

Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens, “It has come at last— salvation and power and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth- the one who accuses them before our God day and night. And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony.


Our accuser is a liar and if we believe him we believe lies. He has been defeated, and it is by what Jesus did (by the blood of the Lamb). But I want to talk about our part in his defeat. Since he is a liar, we often allow his deceptions to grab our attention and that is when we lose faith, and trust in God. So how do we overcome him and his lies? BY OUR TESTIMONY! Remembering, and speaking out loud the things God has already done for us. Ok, at this point I am already excited. As one of my friends would say, ‘I am geeking out’ right now. I want to shout, because this gives me confidence.

I was raised in church, but that does not mean I always lived like I should have. In fact, a large portion of my life, both part of my childhood and part of my adult life, was spent running from God and believing I knew better. O how wrong I was. I was a liar. I was an adulteress, I was lost. BUT Jesus! He saved me, my marriage, and my family. He has healed me of my broken heart, and He is continually healing my broken ways of thinking. 


This is just part of my testimony. I remember what He has done for me and I actively attack the accuser with the truth. I am the head and not the tail. (Deuteronomy 28:13) God’s breath of life in me makes me intelligent. (Job 32:8) And God uses the foolish things of the world (like another blog from a girl with no bible degree) to confound the wise. (1 Corinthians 1:27)


God has changed so much in me. I can have confidence that His word will accomplish all He set it out to do. (Isaiah 55:11) I know that He has made me into an honest, tell-it-like-it-is person. I know that He has caused me to walk faithfully through my marriage after both He and my husband forgave me. I know that He will use these things in my life to touch others.

Job 4:6. Doesn’t your reverence for God give you confidence? Doesn’t your life of integrity give you hope?

Real confidence is not the worldly self-confidence they jam down our throats since grade school. Real confidence is in our faith and reverence, our TRUST, in God. He knows why He gave me this idea, and I have confidence that so long as I am faithful it will do what He meant it for. Be blessed and be a blessing. 

Remember that trust is an action verb.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,