This page has moved to a new address.

Sunday Reflection April 15, 2012

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: Sunday Reflection April 15, 2012

Sunday

Sunday Reflection April 15, 2012


This week has been a potpourri of posts. The first was about God’s restoration of dreams. He restores things we have given up on because He has plans for us that include those things. For me, it was singing. What is it for you? Whatever it may be, just surrender to God in it. 

On Tuesday I just got really honest and shared with you My Struggle with the blog. In so many ways this is not about me! Yes, God is working in me and through me to write this blog, but it really is about you, the reader. Whether you are an audience of one or one million, I need to be faithful and consistent. 

On Wednesday we talked about The 4 Benefits of Being a Believer. This was also the day I was launching the new podcast. I was so excited to bring the option of listening rather than just reading, but technical difficulties squashed that. I am working on finding a way to get around that, but it may take a while. Please continue to bear with me in this. 

Storm Stories was one of my favorite posts this week and then my husband corrected me about something, it wasn’t Hurricane Rita that the kitten story happened in, but Tropical Storm Faye. I do not know why I got those confused in my head and I want to apologize for the error. It does not change the points I make about preparing for the storm. I hope that you can enjoy the story for the allegory it is and overlook my mistake. 

If you haven’t read Exercising My Faith then you may not know that my youngest child is getting surgery this week. When the surgeon’s office called me and said how much the cost of just his services was, I began to have a little panic session. This post was about building my faith in that moment, and I wanted to share it with you, because what came out of it is so important: trust. 

An update on that is this: The surgeon’s cost was dramatically reduced by more than 75% and they will take it a day later than they originally said which is a blessing because it means less traveling and expense for us. God is good. 

Yesterday, with the pressures of everything that is going on right now, I began to feel overwhelmed and wonder can we Have It All? I know that everyone feels overwhelmed at one point or the other, but the key to getting past that is to really look at the why of it all. Why are you focusing on the things in your life more than the God who loves you? It is worth the read. 

As I wrap this week’s reflections up, please pray for our daughter, Connie-Lyn as she goes into the hospital for surgery. Pray for the doctors, and pray for us. As always, I love you, I pray for you, and I ask you to trust in the God who made you. He has plans for you and His promises are Yes and Amen! 

Be blessed and be a blessing!

Labels: , , , ,