This page has moved to a new address.

Sunday Reflection April 22, 2012

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: Sunday Reflection April 22, 2012

Sunday

Sunday Reflection April 22, 2012

This week was a crazy one for me. My daughter got surgery earlier in the week and the recovery has gone well. I will have to write about the whole experience one day, but right now, it is a little too fresh- it probably needs to marinate for a while. 

We started off the week on the blog with Oh Be Careful Big Mouths, and I had to heed my own advice several times this week. Then we took up Mountain Climbing! That was one of my favorites. We all have mountains, the question is, how do we face them? As a climber or a go around-er? 

Waiting is a skill I have yet to perfect. My patience is not where it needs to be. Learning to wait on God is something we all should learn because without this particular skill, we could end up in a real mess. 

I have been thinking about this next post for a while. Originally I wanted to call it "Why Carelessness has No Place in the Body", But instead called it "Why we are Called to Love" . I cannot stress enough the importance of this. 

This morning Joyce Meyer tweeted this: 
"Every believer has a ministry. It may not be a public one, but you've got a ministry to your children, your spouse, your family, to God." 
Put your hand to the plow and don't look back. Get to work walking out the love of Christ! It will change your world! 

After watching my 14 year old go through the pain of surgery, I began to think about pain: physical pain, yes, but mostly emotional and spiritual pain. Victim or Victor came from that pondering. You are more than an overcomer in Christ! You just need to change your perspective, and gear up! 

As a woman, I love telling the story of "how did you two meet"? I took it a little further and told you the story of "How I knew He was the One".  I love a good love story, and God wrote ours long before I did. 

So there are things that I have wanted to do with this blog for a while and I have not been able to for one reason or another. I want to change that. Soon there will be a little method to my madness and hopefully the structure will help you find posts on topics you want to hear about. 

SO... what do you want to hear about? Let me know by leaving a comment below. You could see your idea in a post soon. 
 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,