This page has moved to a new address.

Look Who Turns One!

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: Look Who Turns One!

Saturday

Look Who Turns One!



The Blog Turns One


Today is a special day. I was so surprised at how quickly this year has flown. One year ago today I heard God say write a blog, and so I came home from church and sat down and began.

I wrote about praise and worship, about prayer, about parenting, and about life in general. It wasn't until about half way through the year I began to understand what direction I wanted to head and since I have become focused on helping others find purpose, I have found mine.

I never would have dreamed that in less than a year, over 60,000 people would have seen my blog. I never dreamed that I would have written a book, let alone two. This last year has been amazing!

God is good. He has a plan for me and He has a plan for you. I have avoided writing the typical "New Year's Resolution" piece because I know that everyday we must resolve ourselves to lay down our lives and pick up the life that God has designed for us.

2013 Challenge 


I want to challenge  you today to find three scriptures that define for you your life. They may be the same ones you have clung to for years or they may be completely new, but these scriptures will help shape you and your next year. For me, I will endeavor in 2013 to keep living my life by my favorite three scriptures.



Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (NIV) 


Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (NIV) 


and Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (NIV) 

God has a plan, and since I do not always know the details, with these three scriptures I can trust, I can endure His reshaping of me, and I can rely on His redemption and His grace. With these three scriptures I can live life as an adventure and not worry about the small stuff. 

Thank you for being along for the ride. 

Prize Announcement: 


This blog was holding a giveaway, and no one entered. If you want to win this cross, then subscribe now to enter. I will extend the giveaway until the end of the month. The prize is a hand-carved, reclaimed wooden cross. This cross is made by recovering drug addicts in a local ministry that I have recently learned about. I will be telling you more about them soon. 

If you already subscribe to our Newsletter you can enter too by sharing either on Facebook (the "F" icon is below) and tagging me (Dayna Renee Hackett Bickham) or by Tweeting #TheAnnivesaryGift. Best of Luck all! 




Join the Conversation: 

What was your favorite part of the past year? 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,