This page has moved to a new address.

How to Have Peace in Our Lives

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: How to Have Peace in Our Lives

Tuesday

How to Have Peace in Our Lives

The world doesn't stop. Round and round it goes and we can get caught up in the never-ending cycle of wake, work, eat, sleep, repeat. 

We can look like ants, in a line, following blindly because we think this is what we are meant to do. Think I am wrong? Watch what traffic looks like at rush hour. 

I want us to take a moment and be still. God is in the quiet

When we take the time to turn off all the noise of the world something amazing happens. We can get in the presence of God and be renewed. We can be made stronger, more resilient, firmer in our faith and more focused for the tasks we have to do. 

This quiet time can be found by shutting off the TV, walking away from the computer, getting in a room alone, and worshiping. 

Psalms 100:4 says this: 

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. 

In God’s presence there is peace and fullness of joy

Take your cares to Him. Bring your prayers, your pain, your hopes, your dreams. He wants it all. He wants your whole heart and your whole life, because He wants to make your life whole

Psalms 119:73-80 (MESSAGE) 

With your very own hands you formed me; now breathe your wisdom over me so I can understand you. When they see me waiting, expecting your Word, those who fear you will take heart and be glad. I can see now, God, that your decisions are right; your testing has taught me what's true and right. Oh, love me—and right now!—hold me tight! just the way you promised. Now comfort me so I can live, really live; your revelation is the tune I dance to. Let the fast-talking tricksters be exposed as frauds; they tried to sell me a bill of goods, but I kept my mind fixed on your counsel. Let those who fear you turn to me for evidence of your wise guidance. And let me live whole and holy, soul and body, so I can always walk with my head held high. 

Watch this video, listen to the words of the song. Ask God to breathe His peace onto you. Your world may continue to spin chaotic and you may feel stuck in a never-ending cycle, but God is with you. Do not be overwhelmed by the world, but let God’s peace overwhelm you and you can face anything. 



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,