This page has moved to a new address.

God's Kisses

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: God's Kisses

Wednesday

God's Kisses

Photo Credit: Creative Commons

I cannot say enough how good my Father is! His mercy and kindness endure forever, and his love toward me is endless. I am in awe of all He is doing in my life, and through this blog. Every time I see a new country listed as visiting this blog, or see my kids surrender a little more to Jesus, I am moved. I call these moments God’s little kisses.

God delights in his children, and in Zephaniah 3:17 it says God even sings over us.  How amazing is that?  His joy is so full when he looks at His children that He sings over us.

When we look at our lives, and I mean really look, we can see God’s blessing and favor all around. For these blessings, we need to be thankful


Do you talk to God? 

So let me ask you this: whether it is written or just a running list in your mind, do you have a prayer list? (For more on prayer, read Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!) Prayer is so important. God hears our prayers and this communication with Him is just one way we learn more about God, and what He has for us in our lives.  He also moves on our behalf to answer our prayers.

When our prayers are answered it is God’s love kissing our lives, and assuring us of His love. 

For everything He checks off the list, give thanks. The song “His Love Endures Forever” is playing in my head right now, and just because I love it so much, I will add it to the bottom of this page, so if you don’t know it, take a listen.

Here are a few of the things God has done in my life:

1-      He brought my daughters to Him. They was unsaved, but now are counted among the saints.
2-      He gives me fulfillment and shows me more of my purpose everyday through this blog.
3-      He restored my marriage after my adultery and gave me a testimony of His faithfulness.
4-      He never leaves me alone, even when I try to pull away.
5-      He adds to me every day more understanding of Him and His goodness.

These are just a few of the things that I have to be thankful for. Some were recent; some were years ago, but so BIG that I still give thanks for them.  Can you make a list? Make two: write out your prayer list and then write out your “Kisses” list, one that list all the things God has done. This will build your faith and trust in Him. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God, but sometimes in our lives we are like Thomas, and we need to see.

So write out your list, and see how good our Father has been to you. Let God’s kisses remind you that His grace is sufficient. Let His kisses remind you that you are never alone. Be thankful in all things and know that God is faithful in everything. If HE says it, HE will do it!

What is something you are thankful for? 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,