This page has moved to a new address.

Intimate Moments with the Lover (of my Soul)

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: Intimate Moments with the Lover (of my Soul)

Thursday

Intimate Moments with the Lover (of my Soul)

Photo Credit: Creative Commons

Worship is an Amazing Thing.


Like a sunflower following the sun as it races across the sky, worship sets God as the focus and allows Him to shine into our hearts.

If you think “I don’t have time” then you may need to change some things. I had to start getting up early to make the time.

Something about setting aside those first morning hours with God has amped up my relationship into a hyper-drive that I never thought I would have.

Worship allows me to get still before God and just bask in His goodness.

It allows God to bring to the surface the stuff I may not have been aware of. Stuff He wants me to give up or give over to Him. It allows me to be like the sunflower and just grow.

Worship is More Than a Song


I am a singer, so I love to sing. You may not be a singer, but I bet, in the safety of your shower or car you have been known to hum a few bars, maybe even break into full scale operatic mode. This means that you have it in yourself to be a worshipper.

Not just a singer.

Worship has less to do with how you sound and more to do with on whom you focus.

When we turn our hearts and affections onto God, we show Him our love, our devotion. He created us for Himself. He wanted us: desired us. Like a lover He waits for us.

Worship is an intimate moment with the One who longs for us. Worship is a way to get into God’s presence and be changed.


The Heart of Worship


Does the tempo matter? Does the timbre of instruments matter?

No. Your heart matters.

Do not let the music become a distraction or your focus. Remember the sunflower. Focus on the Father of Lights.

Be open. Be humble. Be Loving.

Honor God for Who He is, for what He has done, and for what He is yet to do.

Make Love to the Father

Have I shocked you? 

Are you still with me? 

Because that is what I have meant every time I said "intimate". 

Now I say it plainly. Make Love to Him. Love Him with your whole body, your soul and your mind. Love Him with all you are, all you have been and all you will ever be. 

Worship can make us pregnant with purpose.

Out of those intimate moments of worship God will plant in you the seeds you will need to supply your dreams: to reach your purpose. Worship creates clarity of vision and hones us for the race we are running. 

Worship will leave you sated like nothing else. Full to the brim with His love and purpose for you. 


What is your favorite worship song right now?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,