This page has moved to a new address.

The Big Picture

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: The Big Picture

Tuesday

The Big Picture

Photo Credit: Creative Commons

Sometimes I do not get it. 


To be honest, I sit here wondering "how"? 

How will God use me? What will that look like?

I know part of it looks like this blog. Part of it looks like my family. Part of it looks like Girl's Ministry at church. Part of it looks like the Praise and Worship team.

But what does the "Big Picture" look like?

I think Moses had a similar question.

He was a Hebrew raised by Egyptians. He knew he was different. He knew God had called him. He thought he knew what that looked like. He got it wrong.

He thought people would understand he was made to be their leader. They did not get it.


"During this time Moses was born. He was a very beautiful child, and for three months his parents took care of him in their home. Then when they were forced to leave him outside, the king’s daughter found him and raised him as her own son. Moses was given the best education in Egypt. He was a strong man and a powerful speaker. When Moses was forty years old, he wanted to help the Israelites because they were his own people. One day he saw an Egyptian mistreating one of them. So he rescued the man and killed the Egyptian. Moses thought the rest of his people would realize that God was going to use him to set them free. But they didn't understand." Acts 7:20-25 (CEB)

Moses heard the call of God on his life, but he was trying to do it all himself. Even the people around him realized that would never be enough.

In ourselves we are are not enough. God is more than enough. With God, all things are possible.

His grace is sufficient. 


So I will be patient. I will let Him work His great work on my heart. I will listen and obey. I will wait until His timing is perfect. I may not get it, but when I am ready, when I am humbled, when I am undone by a burning bush experience, then He will fulfill His purpose in me.

Until then I will be like Paul. I will press. I will strive. I will move forward. Toward the goal. Toward my Father.

I will be like Isaiah. When God asks "Who will go?" I will say "Here I am, send me."

Join the Conversation: 

Do you ever wonder how God will use you? 

Like what you see here? More great content is available several times a week, but I understand how busy you are. That is why I offer a free newsletter that sends you an email of the same great content straight to your inbox! You won't have to worry about missing a thing. I will never share your information with anyone, and if you sign up today, you can get a free copy of my children's eBook The Gardener and the Sapling: A Modern Parable. Click the link below and subscribe now!



Subscribe to our newsletter


Labels: , , , , , , , ,