This page has moved to a new address.

Before and After

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: Before and After

Wednesday

Before and After

The goodness and newness of God 

Too many people think God is mean, and unfair. I know He is sweet, and loving, and fair and kind and holy. A holy God demands righteousness. On our own we cannot be righteous enough. 

On our own we are like filthy rags. No amount of self-help, or self-actualization will change that. We are not capable on our own to reach God. 

This is why He made a way. A bridge between Him and us. This is why He sent Jesus to us. In Jesus Christ, we can be forgiven of our filth and cleansed spiritually. This renewal cannot be explained in words. It is supernatural. But the effects can be measured some. 

Before I knew Jesus, I was lost. After Jesus, I am found. 

Before I was hard. I am softer now. Before Jesus I was mean. Now I live with more compassion. Christ changes us from the inside out. 

Before Jesus I was a zero waiting for a hero. I was nothing. But God saw I could be more. HE made me for more. He made you for more too. 

God adds value where there was none because He loves. He loves us like a Father should love. Completely, wholly, and with undying devotion God chases us. He is unrelenting. He is faithful. 

He will never leave me. He will never hurt me. He will always be my answer, because He is my source. I want more of Him than anything else in this world. 

He wants us too. He chose us. He loves us with a holy jealousy. A righteous concern over our love and well being- that kind of holy jealousy. He is holy and he wants a holy people. We can only be holy as he is holy. When we surrender...when I surrender to all he is and has for me, then I am continually being made holy, like Him. 

Not so I can lord it over others, but so I can shine the light of His glory and draw men and woman, young and old to him. His heart is for us. He is not against us. He loves us. He cares. He sees everything and He waits on us to come to him and call on him.
 
"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Acts 2:21

This is what I know. My God is good. He is kind. His mercy is new every morning. He is my home. He is my love. He is my life. 

"O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him." Psalms 34:8

 Join the Conversation: 

There is no place I would rather be than in God's presence, as one of His. What about you? 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,