This page has moved to a new address.

No More Lies Part 9: "What do you say?"

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: No More Lies Part 9: "What do you say?"

Monday

No More Lies Part 9: "What do you say?"

Lie #9:  I am grateful...enough

When my kids were small I would always ask them this question after they received a gift: "Now, what do you say?" 

The answer of course was "Thank you." 

We expect gratitude when we give gifts, but are we very grateful as a people? 

'Tis the Season....

This season is all about being grateful. Yet, when I think about it, I feel I fall short. 

I have so much to be grateful for yet I find myself complaining about the stupidest things. 

The internet is slow....I complain. 

I have a book get published, and sales are slow...I complain. 

My kids have attitudes about cleaning their rooms...I complain. My husband forgot to take the trash out....I complain. 

Instead I should be grateful that I have internet...it is the way I minister and talk with you. I should be grateful I have a published work, and let God give the increase....

My kids and husband are definitely something to be grateful for and I should show them and God that on a regular basis. 

I fall short...so short.

Gratitude is Paramount to Our Relationship With God

First God is our Source. Psalms says " For You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my trust from my youth and the source of my confidence." 

In God we find our supply. "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19 

If we are not grateful we displace God in our lives. If all we do is ask ask ask and never thank thank thank then we make God equal to Walmart or Santa Clause. 

He gives to us because he loves us. (John 3:16

This is why the word says "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name." Psalms 100:4

When the people of Israel were not grateful God called them "stiff-necked". Lord, please forgive me if I have been stiff-necked. 

When Paul began the closing of his letter to the church in the book of Colossians he says this: 

"Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts." Colossians 3:16

My Prayer


Father let me always have a song of gratitude in my heart. Forgive me for believing the lie that I am grateful enough. Soften my heart and may thanksgiving always be on my lips. Let this scripture be my life...

"That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works." Psalms 26:7

I thank you for your faithfulness to me and your love and mercy. Thank you for everything that you have so richly bestowed on me and mine and help me Lord to never forget your goodness. 

Join the Conversation: 

What are you grateful for? Leave your comment below. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,