This page has moved to a new address.

Making God Chuckle

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: Making God Chuckle

Thursday

Making God Chuckle

My "new" Loaner tiller 

God is so funny. 

Don’t believe me? Then you should have listened to the conversation He and I had earlier. He has a great sense of humor. 

Thankfully He also has patience with me.

Recently I have been showered with some amazing little gifts from God.

1. Our fridge was too small and turned everything to ice, so God gave me a larger newer one for free.

2. Our washer and dryer decided to go out, we were given new ones, $150 to be paid when we can….whenever… how cool is that?

3. I love to garden, but had no tiller to prepare the soil. God gave me a loaner tiller for as long as I wanted one.

I am grateful for every single gift. I have celebrated God’s faithfulness at every turn. He is awesome the way He gives. Sometimes He is funny too.

While moving in the fridge my husband tore a hole in the flooring. Twice. The whole “hole” experience showed me I have some work to do on my attitude and on patience. When I mentioned it to my husband as I apologized for losing my temper, he was pleasantly surprised I noticed my issue. He had been living 18 years with my inability to stay calm and not blow my top when things went sideways. Poor guy. His patience and mercy are just two of the reasons why I love him.

The tiller, well the tiller is so big and powerful that I have no idea what I am going to do with it. I tried to use it today and I nearly ran into a wall, (it is self-propelled) and could not figure out how to make that thing do what I know it can. My small patch of garden is only 10’x11’ and the tiller from front to back is nearly five feet long! Making rows is harder than it sounds. For those of you who have no idea how to run a tiller, do not judge me and for those of you who do, I will take your help anytime.

I may not know how to handle it yet, but I will figure it out. Why? Because I want to be a faithful steward of what God gives me and I have plants coming that have to go into the ground ASAP!

But right now, as I stare a half done till job in my front garden, I feel like Adam when God found them in the garden after the fall. I want to pout and blame Him for my inability to do the job. I want to say “It’s the tiller you gave me Lord”

In reality, it is me. I am the issue. God is using tillers and refrigerators to show me more about myself and what I need to work on. I just wish I was quicker on the uptake so I could learn what I need to and move forward. 

So while I struggle to learn to use a tiller and whatever lesson there is here, I am sure there is a bit of chuckling in heaven going on as my Father looks on in amused fashion with "Oh Dayna...." on His lips. 

I have a long way to go, but patience is definitely on the list….

Has God ever used blessings to teach you a lesson?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,