This page has moved to a new address.

The Procrastination Dance

A Year in the Spiritual Life... Discover Your Purpose: The Procrastination Dance

Saturday

The Procrastination Dance

Let the Whining Begin! 

I have so much to do. It is practically the same exact list I started out with when I began this week. You see, I have a very bad habit.

I procrastinate.

There are times when, in my head, I justify the waiting.

I don't feel good. (That excuse is always handy.)

I can get to it later. (It isn't going anywhere!)

I don't want to get stressed out right now, and ______ always makes me stressed out.

I need help. (This is a great one for when no one else is around!)

As a matter of fact I think I have used every single one of these tactics (IE. excuses) this week. Here it is Saturday, with a full day of ministry and services tomorrow, and I still have tons of stuff to do. My piles begin to turn into mountains and soon my life looks like this:

My desk as I write this.... do not judge me....lol.

(That isn't dirt all over the keyboard tray, it is just very old and worn down particle board.) 

This is why I want to redo my room. So I can have a new desk, bright colors on the walls, and some organization. I do not know if this inspires you today to clean your own mess, but it inspires me to get busy! 

Enough excuses. Time to get on with the chores! 

I know, I know. That word is the most dreaded word in my house. It makes my kids cringe and my husband break out into a cold sweat. Chores are no fun, but they need doing. They have needed doing for a while. See? Pro-cras-tin-a-tion! 

I need to break up with procrastination. We have been dancing too long. I have put it off and put it off, but no more. I will clean. 

As soon as I post this, and take a nap. It is Saturday after all. 

Join the conversation: 


Do you tackle chores right away or do you tend to procrastinate? Do you have any hints to help get my act together? 

Share your comments below. 


Subscribe! 


Like what you read here? More great content is available several times a week, but I understand how busy you are. That is why I offer a free newsletter that sends you an email of the same great content straight to your inbox! You won't have to worry about missing a thing. I will never share your information with anyone, and if you sign up today, you can get a free copy of my children's eBook The Gardener and the Sapling: A Modern Parable. Click the link below and subscribe now!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,